Theory of Constraints–April 2013 ODN of WNY Meeting
Theory of Constraints
How TOC is being used as both a Holistic Approach to Business Improvement, and Targeted Process Improvements
Presented by: Rocco Surace, CPA, ABV, CVA, CFF, Jonah
Managing Partner at GAINES KRINER ELLIOTT, LLP
Thursday April 18 8:30 am to 11:30 am (8:30 am to 9:00 am – networking; 9:00 am to 11:30 am – meeting)
Canisius Center for Professional Development 300 Corporate Parkway, Suite 130, Amherst, NY 14226
In this presentation you will be presented an overview of the Theory of Constraints body of knowledge, from its core principle in believing that an organization’s best opportunity for improvement is to focus on its constraints through to what Eli Goldratt presented as his latest work in 2011 shortly before his death.
While the presentation is in the format of an overview, the attendees will walk away with very specific tools that they could begin to uses immediately:
- The three step Process of Ongoing Improvement
- The five step focusing process
- Meaningful performance measurements
- The 6 layers of resistance
- A Win / Win based change analysis tool
Rocco Surace, CPA, ABV, CVA, Jonah, is the Managing Partner of Gaines Kriner Elliott LLP. He works with many client companies, in various industries, directing their current accounting and tax needs. Rocco’s primary focus areas are the disciplines of strategically driven improvement services and succession planning.
Rocco’s skills have been developed as a result of hands on training and leading projects with and for some of the world leaders in these services:
- Jonah designation from the Avraham Y. Goldratt Institute,
- TOC Disciplines Certifications from the TOC International Certification Organization
- An adjunct member of Goldratt Consulting
- Certificate of Mastery in Re-Engineering through training with Dr. Michael Hammer,
- Holistic-based strategic planning, operationally driven in achieving best-in-class performance and market driven to the most profitable segments for a company’s service levels
- Valuation, Forensic and Succession planning with certification as an Accredited Business Valuation Specialist (ABV) and Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
Under his leadership and direction, his firm has received national awards for its Professional Services program and services involving Business Process Improvement. These awards recognized the firm’s commitment to quality service, its people, and client satisfaction.
Among Rocco’s many industry and professional organization involvement is being on the board of directors of the Theory of Constraints International Certification Organization.
The Canisius Center for Professional Development is located in Amherst, NY.
Directions: Take the 290 expressway, and exit on Millersport Highway going north. At the first light (by the Marriott), make a left on to Flint Road. Make a left turn on to Maple Road. At the next signal, make a left turn on to Corporate Parkway. At the stop sign, turn right. The building is on your left side. The parking lot (no charge) is on your right. Complimentary coffee is available.